Thread: 4013 s&w
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM

Liked 307 Times in 140 Posts

I have two 4013's; one with a full spur hammer & one with a bobbed hammer. The full spur hammer has the factory decock feature that is activated with the slide mounted safety lever. Once decocked, the safety lever springs back to the off-safe position. The bobbed hammer version is the traditional S&W 3rd generation TDA system.

How is your 4013 set up? Decocker or traditional?

While the slides of these pistols are beefier than those on the 3913, and therefore slightly less comfortable for concealed carry, they are also extremely well made pistols. A couple of my buddies have gotten into the small Officer sized 45's. Personally, I like the 4013 much better than these. Its lighter, has more capacity, and I like the ability to carry hammer down on a loaded chamber with no safety manipulation required to get off my first shot.

I agree with the $400-$500 range, depending on condition. I also agree that you may not sell it as fast as say a Glock 23 or an XD. There are lots of shooters that are unfamiliar with this model - consequently you will be looking for a buyer that knows something about S&W pistols.

Out West