View Single Post

Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbouwens View Post
I have the exact model you are talking about, I bought it new about 5 years ago. The pistol is accurate, feeds ammo really well, and has just about all the bells and gadets you could want. The only complaint I have every had from anyone that has shot it is that the front strap is not checkered, it dose not bother me as I have big enough hands to be able to hold on. My 1911 feeds jacketed as well as lead loads--from 180 to 250 grain flat nosed lead that I usually shoot in my cowboys guns (45 colts) I even left the bullets "long" in the case an they still feed without a problem. I was just talking to a guy at my range last week about this pistol-- a discussion came up because he was trying out a new Wilson he paid way too much for (IMO). He shot it well and I told him to give mine a try-- I mentioned that this was the only 1911 I have that I did not send to the gunsmith to have throated, tuned, parts, etc. Well, after he shot both guns he had that "man did I buy the wrong one" look on his face. This was not the first time for this. I paid 600 at the time when others were 800-2000 depending on whos name was on it. For the money I don't think you can go wrong with that pistol. I have 9 other 1911 variants and all of them have 1000 plus in them after the gunsmith "tuned" them for me. I see guys at our range buying the GI model and adding things to it the make a 400 gun into a good shooter --a thousand bucks later they are happy but that is an expensive 400 dollar gun. I am going to buy the 9mm version when I can get my hands on one. I might have a good one and others may dispute my opinion but I would buy this model before almost any other 1911 out there. Extreamly please with my speciman.
I wanted to thank you for such a good post but beyond that I see you're in GA, where?