View Single Post

Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 AM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Reloading with Berry's Plated

Good Morning guys. I'm only on my second cup of coffee so the wheels are not turning fast enough yet. I have some questions on using Berry's Plated bullets for .38 and .357mag, I'll be using their 125gr and 158gr HP in both calibers with Federal primers and Hogdon Titegroup for the .38 and Alliant 2400 in the .357. I don't have much for reloading data but a new book (Lee 2nd edition) is on the way but I'm sitting here wanting to do some reloading and have only used Hornady XTP's before and need some powder charge info. So my Question is: Do I use the data for a cast bullet or a jacketed bullet or is it specific to plated bullets? Iknow there is data for plated bullets but none of the manufacturers websites offer that info. I am only making target loads but would like to make some at full strength cause I have never used 2400 before and would like to see the differences in magnum powder vs. the .357 I made with Titegroup which just makes a 12" muzzle blast and doesn't kick very hard. I'll be firing them out of my Ruger SP101 and my S&W 642, thanks in advance for any help.
Craig