View Single Post

Old 07-12-2009, 01:51 PM

Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts

I load so many Berry's bullets that I have a wholesale account with them.

There are a couple of caveats to their use. First, be sure to bell the case mouth enough that you don't shave the plating off. This is important. Second, don't over crimp. If you cut through the plating, the bullets will likely tumble.

A couple of powder companies have loads listed for plated bullets, specifically Accurate Arms and Ramshot/Western Powders. Accurate Arms lists loads for Rainier Bullets, but can be used for Berry's as well. Ramshots lists loads with the Berry's Bullets in several calibers.

I've run Berry's pistol bullets up to 1,300 fps without tumbling, but that's the absolute limit. They should be kept at 1,250 fps or below for best performance. I've tried them at 1,450 fps in the 357 Sig, and almost ruined my chronograph when a wildly tumbling bullet hit one of the sky screen support rods.

You can use loading data for mid-range jacketed bullets of the same weight and profile without problem in most cases with Berry's Bullets. I develop some of my own load data with them, but it's my personal policy to not post loading data on any forums, due to the possibility of mis-typing, transposing, etc. Besides, I wouldn't take data from an anonymous person myself and wouldn't expect anyone else to use mine.

Hope this helps.

Fred
The Following User Likes This Post: