View Single Post

Old 07-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
The other day I decided to pull an "all-nighter" working in my welding shop...was there alone until about 3:30AM. It's in pretty much what's considered the WORST part of down, but I've never had any real trouble. I almost never go down there unarmed though.

During the day, I feel pretty comfortable with a J-frame .38. But, knowing that I was going to be down there late, I decided to pack a little "more". I loaded up two mags full of Winchester 115gr. Silvertip HP's for my Glock 19. I put one mag in the gun and the other one in a Galco SMC24B leather belt pouch.

Then, I tried to pull the mag OUT of the pouch...damn near impossible! I've had this leather pouch for a while, but really don't use it...it's like new. I knew it was tight...I've been storing a spare mag in it for months in hopes of stretching it out a little bit, but no go.

Any suggestions? Is there anything that I can put inside the pouch to help mags slide in and out easier?

Sometimes, "ya jus' gotta" carry 31 rounds!

Gordy
Glock magazines, expecially the old ones can get "fatter" when loaded. Consequently, an empty mag may fit a carrier just fine while a loaded one could be too tight. You might want to use a full mag to stretch the carrier or if it's REALLY tight, then use the plastic bag or similar method to strech it with a loaded mag.

Last edited by Matt Del Fatti; 07-19-2009 at 10:02 AM.