View Single Post

Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud4You View Post
Any idea if it had something to do with it being a 9mm vs. 45ACP? During your research did you find more problems with 9mm vs. 45 or was it even across the board? Just curious.
I don't recall anything specific to the 9mm except for when I was doing the research people had much better luck with the factory Springfield magazines vs. others. I'm told that Wilson or somebody now has specific magazines for this model that work well in the gun also.

I took mine to the range yesterday and the gun seems to be functioning properly now. 90 rounds total using all 10 factory magazines and no stoppages of any kind.

During one of the trips back to Springfield I had them do their $80 trigger job hoping it would improve the trigger on this gun as I want to use for bullseye work. In retrospect I think that was a mistake as the trigger was improved some, but not that much. They claim it is at 4lbs. now and the $80 trigger job uses the stock parts apparently. I should have just ponied up the money and had them do a real match or competition trigger job on the gun. Oh well, something else to get done I guess.