Thread: FFL Fees- WOW!!
View Single Post

Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

There are 5 FFL's in town that will ship/receive a firearm, all charge $25 for each transaction whether incoming or outgoing. The one I use ships firearms out USPS and charges me actual shipping. They package up the gun and take it to the PO. My only gripe is that they charge for each gun the same amount, regardless of if they ship together. I sold 3 guns in one transaction to one individual and they wanted $75 for the FFL fees plus the $22.00 shipping. I wound up eating some of that myself and wasn't happy at all.

In Georgia, my FFL charged me $25 but shipped outgoing UPS because they came to the shop to pick up packages. I got him to let me package it up, bring it to him for serial number verification, then I would seal it at the shop and carry it down to the Post Office. It seemed as if I did most of the work but it was still the cheapest game in town. Also, he refused to ship to a C&R, demanded an FFL on every transaction which placed a burden on some purchasers.

Note that since an FFL can use the U S Postal Service to ship a handgun (and it can go first class mail if you desire), the savings on shipping alone often is far greater than the FFL Fee. However, these guys that charge $50 plus require you to ship overnight on UPS are not living in the real world.

Dan R