View Single Post

Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Along long time ago in a far and distant land the Vice-President of manufacturing approached me concerning an automated shot shell reloading press. Being that I was involved in mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical design he thought the project would be to my liking. I was also knowledgeable in programming CNC machinery also and at that point semi literate with CAD.

This was afterhours work strictly on the QT. The design went as far as solid modeling, prototype, and patent attorney. The Vice-President wanted his name exclusively on the patents. I engaged my own attorney to represent my interest. We reached a financial settlement and a nondisclosure agreement.

The Vice-President of manufacturing opted for early retirement and relocation to start his new business. Unfortunately he suffered a debilitating stroke which resulted in his passing. His widow was take the money and run going of to Florida. The venture ended with his demise.

The design had several innovative features and was primarily for addressing club level requirements.

The monies I received for that project created a college fund which fully funded my children’s education expenses.