View Single Post

Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,451 Times in 1,412 Posts

My feelings are quite somewhat like the Colt guy dfarriswheel. Guns do not have a "vintage" like wine that depending on the sun, wind, rain and heat as to how it will turn out great or so so in any given year. Vintage implies good or bad years or period of years.
Guns are made by PEOPLE and depending on who handles that particular gun on any given day will depend on how that exact gun will turn out. If it was mostly fitted or finished by hungover "sloppy Joe" it will most likely turn at best as a questionable gun. On the other hand if it was handled by oldtimer "conscientious Carl" you are probably going to get a well fit, finished and polished gun. Even during some of the so called questionable years like the Bangor-Punta era you will have most of the guns turn out just fine and few potential "lemons" will and do sneak through. I personally have some finely made guns from the BP years. There are no such things as guaranteed good years and guaranteed bad years. Each gun has to be examined on it's own merits, at least that is what I do. JMHO

Last edited by diamonback68; 07-16-2009 at 01:02 PM.