Thread: 4566 s&w
View Single Post

Old 07-22-2009, 07:38 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Naaaaa, you're not old . . . just experienced! Just like you, I prefer a hammer instead of a striker. I also prefer a single action or a double action/single action as on the 3rd generation S&W pistols and others. The DAO's or long trigger pulls on the recent plastic striker fired pistols just seem wrong to me.

I also see no benefit to the funky trigger safety on some of the plastic pistols. I also don't like the feel. It seems useless.

If you're finger isn't in the trigger guard, and consequently not on the trigger, it's not going to fire. It applies to pistols both with and without trigger safetys. Then, if your finger is on the trigger, the trigger safety is disabled and it will fire when you pull it, just as it would if the trigger safety wasn't present. What's the point to the trigger safety? It's just and an issue of your finger placement regardless whether the trigger safety is there or not, so it seems it's a useless feature.

You'll be getting a lifetime pistol with a 4566 or other variation with a steel frame. If you take care of it, it'll take care of you!

I can't talk you into the wonderful cocked and locked 1911A1 style of pistol, can I? They have great steel frames and slides, exposed hammers and you don't have to worry about decocking them. They also have 99 years of history and proven performance behind them.

I'm just kidding you.

Good luck with your search for a 4566.