View Single Post

Old 07-25-2009, 11:53 AM

Liked 643 Times in 209 Posts

I shot more groups with the Remington 230 FMJ ammo, just to rule out flukes. These are 25 meter (yard) groups shot from a sand bag rest.

Group size 2.4"

Group size 3.0"

Aim small, miss small did not help this time, group size 4.3". I hope that is a shooter induced flyer at the bottom.

Just for reference I shot my stock Kimber Tactical Pro II with the same ammo, groups were 3.4" and 3.5". So my $2200 Performance Center gun is just slightly more accurate than a $1300 Kimber. Hmm...

Seriously speaking, I will continue testing different loads in the 945PC, hopefully I will find something that shoots better. As you can see the gun would be useless at least for bullseye with this load, it can barely keep the hits in the 9-ring of an official pistol target.

The right hand side thumb safety lever does not work, it goes down just a small amount and then refuses to move further down. I have to press the left hand side safety lever to disengage the safety. I found this out while doing weak hand practice today.

(EDIT: I solved the safety problem, sort of. The safeties slide apart so they do not connect with each other properly anymore. I pressed the right hand side safety lever back in as far as it went and now both levers work again. But the lever will walk out again if nothing is changed. I will have to figure out how to remove the safety and have a look at their connection mechanism. The traditional 1911 system ("cock hammer, move safety to mid position, pull safety out") did not work, at least not with reasonable force. Does someone know how to remove the 945PC thumb safety levers?)

I am overseas so sending the gun in for warranty repairs is out of the question. Do you know if a 1911 thumb safety works in this gun? Such a common spare part would be easy to find and easy to fit myself.

Last edited by sasu; 07-25-2009 at 12:38 PM.