View Single Post

Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 PM

Liked 36 Times in 10 Posts

I have never used Bluedot for the simple reason that it's reputed to be sensitive to cold temps and that keeps me away from it.

That being said,it appears to me that there is an ongoing trend to blame the product first and never question the user.When something is mis-used,it's the fault of the user.This redundant statement seems to be missed.

When reading the links provided by Alk8944,one thing was abundantely clear.The underloads and so forth that were being referred to were ridiculous. The loading procedures,charge weights,powders,etc,etc were all very inapropriate.It matters none at all that these were loaded by grown men who profess to know what they're.

It reminds me of the old joke about the man who threw away his typewriter because it didn't spell worth a damn.

Some of the loads,procedures,etc that I saw in these links were absurd.If someone only uses half the amount of powder needed ,what result should be expected?

To be as kindly as possible,some people should NOT reload....PERIOD.

If I use an inapropriate powder,what should I expect?If I use a greatly exagerated reduction in powder,what should I expect?To me,this is pretty simple.

At what point do we simply blame the stupidity of those who will not follow instructions along with some common sense?

To take a brief glance back at the 296 issue,Several manuals (Hornady and Sierra)for example give data for loads that are WAY BELOW the 3% reduction limit suggested by Hodgdon.Are they worrying?

Quite often,a company realizes that many of it's customers are actually idiots and they will go to extremes to protect the idiot from himself.