View Single Post

Old 08-02-2009, 01:58 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default K22 difficult ejection

The gun is a new K22 Masterpiece K 19xxx, stamped Made in U.S.A., it appeared to be unfired and came with the box. I will shoot this K22 but not abuse it. I'm thinking this is a 1948 revolver.

This K22 shoots very well but the fired cases bind the ejector. I don't want to slap the ejector to eject the cases. The cases push out with a rod with some difficulty. If the ejector is used the cases move about 1/16" out, if I trap one with a finger nail under the rim and push the ejector back in (the other cases follow the ejector) then the case trapped out is easily removed. Unfired cartridges load and eject with no problems.

Ammunition is Remington Golden Bullet Bulk, the chambers were brushed out with a bronze brush every 12 rounds and CLP was used. I didn't try Federal bulk or other brands of ammo to see what they would eject like but I will. Federal bulk is lower pressure than Rem GB so maybe that will solve the problem. RGB bulk functions well in the other 22's I shoot, they are not accurate like SK Standard Plus but the are fine for most of the shooting I do.

On a side note, the trigger pulls are not light but both double and single action pulls are a joy to use.

OK, any ideas about what the problem might be and how to fix it?