Thread: 4566 s&w
View Single Post

Old 08-11-2009, 12:58 AM

Liked 109 Times in 20 Posts

I just want to give a big thanks to FirebirdV8 for putting me on to the "FBI" 1076 palmswell grips for my 4566.

I only recently got my 4566 and I find the factory delrin grips a bit too thin, so I was trying to find better grips. I like the feel of the Hogue rubber grips, but I don't like rubber grips for concealed carry. I feel like my shirt might hang on the grip and unintentionally print badly. I tried some Hogue wood grips, luckily without buying them, and they're so big they make the beautiful single stack S&W feel like a Desert Eagle! I can't believe Hogue would make those grips so big and thick; I was really looking forward to getting some but there's no way I can use them.

I knew about the 1076 palmswell grips but it never occurred to me to try to put them on a regular frame gun. Not having owned or used a frame decocker gun, I guess I assumed that they wouldn't fit or work right. Then I saw FirebirdV8's picture of his 1066 with those grips and decided to get some and try them, and boy am I glad I did!

The difference in the feel of the grips is like night and day compared to the regular thin ones, and the small gap where the decocker goes is almost unnoticeable. They feel great, just what I wanted. I got them from Midway (part #953134) as FirebirdV8 suggested, and I can heartily recommend them to anyone who's not satisfied with the factory thin grip.

Now if I could just get Keith Brown to make some out of wood...