View Single Post

Old 08-20-2009, 01:26 PM

Liked 8,865 Times in 2,561 Posts

I've had a Glock 26. Had a 33, first (same thing, but in .357 SIG). I've had other Glocks as well. Been shooting them for over 20 years.

I don't have any of them now (though I do have a Glock 19-derived Sigma sitting in the safe - it was just too cheap not to buy). IMHO Glunks have no soul and don't grab me aesthetically. They work well (though the marketing claim of "perfection" is subject to dispute based on my experience with the breed), but are clunky, point funny and carry like a brick. I'm not really a Chevy Truck/Phantom F-4 kinda guy - I can admire their general usefulness while feeling that I can meet my personal needs better with different products. If you're outfitting a large group of people who aren't all that into shooting, though, this isn't a bad way to go.

The micro-Glocks have those stupid trigger serrations in order to get ATF points. I found they increase shooter fatigue on anything more than a few rounds, and am of the opinion that trading out the trigger to a smooth trigger is worth doing. I feel that a 3.5# connector is worth installing in any Glock I own - I shoot better with one onboard. The 33-round big-stick mags were fun to own to back up the G26 - I went on many a trip with the micro, one 17-rounder for back-up carry and three 33-rounders in case SHTF while I was away from home.

I don't know what to say in response to medxam's original post - it's like asking about your experiences with tomatoes. They are what they are. So are the Glock 26s.

Except I'd really miss tomatoes if they all disappeared from the world. I guess Glock 26s are like the sports page. A lot of people like them, but I couldn't care less about them. I've messed with them, but they don't interest me. How's that?