View Single Post

Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Cabela's two-tone M&P?

Howdy all,

I recently bought an M&P9c for my wife, and after shooting it, I've been bitten by the M&P bug. It's an absolute joy to shoot, better than any other semi-auto I've laid hand on, and my philosophy is that if one is good, two must be better. I'm thinking about getting an M&P full-size in 9mm or .40S&W, most likely the former so I don't have to stock up on another caliber's worth of ammo, brass, bullets, and handloading dies.

The Cabela's sales flyer says that the "Cabela's Exclusive" two-tone full-size M&P9 and M&P40 are on sale, and they would be a pretty good deal if I use some club-member incentives and my bonus points on my Cabela's credit card. These guns have shiny SS finish on the slide with the normal matte black finish on the frame. My first thought was that they look garish compared to the regular "tacticool" all-black M&P, but the look has grown on me. However, I haven't seen one in person.

Anyone have one? Opinions? Is the SS finish on the slide comparable to the finish on S&W SS revolvers? Any thoughts on whether the SS finish would offer comparable corrosion and scratch resistance to the regular Melonite slide finish?

Thanks!

Last edited by carguychris; 08-21-2009 at 10:41 AM.