View Single Post

Old 08-21-2009, 11:02 AM

Liked 2,499 Times in 368 Posts
Default The weight.

Using my digital bathroom scale, the difference between me holding the gun, and not holding the gun is 2.8 lbs. I figure that translates to 2lb. 12oz.
It feels the same in the hand as my 5" 625-2 and actually weighs a couple of ounces more.

The Millett front sight is one for a Browning Hi Power, it is the only height available for that gun with adjustable sights. They do not make a taller front sight.

Cajun lawyer. Thank you for your generous offer to relieve me of those funky old grips. But if I did send them to you,,then one of my guns would have to go naked. And that would be a shame.

The cylinder and slide rear sight is going to be about $90. shipped.

I'm thinking that before I spend any more cash I might try a modification to the existing rear sight.

I will first deepen the groove in the rear sight blade,, then ,with the sight tightened down all the way ,continue the groove forward, right into the base and through the screw head.

Then at the range, with various loads I will remove height from the rear blade until it shoots to point of aim with a cross section of my handloads.
Then I will round the blade to a smooth radius, ala ,C&S heavy duty style.

Again ,all I have to lose is the cost of a new rear sight assembly.

Thanks for the encouraging words and such. I very much appreciate your input.

Tomorrow I will shoot it at the outdoor range with various loads ,,rested and see what it'll do at 15 and 25 yards.

Regards ,,,AlleN-Frame

Last edited by Allen-frame; 08-21-2009 at 11:09 AM.