View Single Post

Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 PM

Liked 8,886 Times in 2,566 Posts

exfebee wrote:
Quote:
We all carried it .. up & through the time of the Miami Shoot-out on April 11, 1986. In that case the +P+, & the 9mm did not have the "knock-down .. stay-down" results desired. I saw one of the Bank Robbers after being hit with +P+ & 9mm get up & kill two of the Agents with me. Granted both subjects were high on adrenalin and were determined to take as many of us with them as they could before they died. Enough lead brought the guy down & several 12 gauge slugs finally ended the other guy. There were no drugs found in their systems. He had been shot twice through the heart with 9mm by one of the SWAT members. In several other shootings i was involved in ... yes the +P+ brought the subjects down... guess i was lucky. Thereafter, the Bureau started doing penetration & knock-down studies on the 10mm ammo. Couple years later we went over to the S&W 10mm models. There were some production problems with that pistol & they were all recalled. I continued to carry the 686 & +P+ up until i retired in 1994. Thereafter they went to the 40 S&W caliber Glocks. I still carry the +P+ in my 686 or my Glock 23 as a CW.
Wait - you're saying that you carried the .38 Spl +P+ 147-grain Hydra-Shok prior to April 1986?

Maybe my recollection is off, but I believe that would require a rather amazing and creative application of Einsteinian physics . . . Was your issue FBI ride a DeLorean by chance?

Last edited by Erich; 08-21-2009 at 09:01 PM.