View Single Post

Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis The B View Post
Hardly. You've made the claim that the SAA was designed for a left-handed shooter, offering no written evidence other than writing "it's a historical fact". Please, offer the historical fact to support your argument. Absent written proof, you've only offered allegation.

Niether R.L. Wilson, nor any other expert has written that the SAA was designed for a left-hander.

Further, no company designs a product for use by a vast majority, to specifications for a distinct minority.
I recently read a long account of Sam Colt, and his designs, but I am having trouble locating it. I can't remember if it was online or in one of the thousands of magazines I have on hand. I am still sorta new to the whole computer/web thing, so it takes me a while to navigate to where I want to be.

That said, you still haven't offered me any proof to the contrary, other than the post you put up on the Colt forum listed above. I read the entire thing and none of them answered you definitvely either. Then you come back here and repeat them without mentioning where you got your info. Not very convincing.

If you are one who needs to have the last word, feel free.

I have stated what I have learned from reading, and from Colt enthusiasts. If that doesn't suit you, that is your problem. I am done wasting forum bandwidth on a subject best left for the appropriate sub-forum.

If you ever do get some factual proof that supports your position, I will be more than happy to read and accept it, if it is fact.