View Single Post

Old 08-27-2009, 06:39 AM

Liked 808 Times in 228 Posts

Congratulations on your 1076. It looks to be in great condition.

Your pistol has factory night sights, checkered front strap, and no magazine disconnect; these are all features that would be found on a former FBI 1076. However, the grip is the standard straight grip and not the FBI palm swell grip it should have if it's an FBI gun. The grip, of course, could have been changed by a previous owner. There are reports of FBI pistols having straight and arched grips on them, but I believe these were probably changed by subsequent owners after they were released to the public. The palm swell grip is the thickest of the three grip types and is my least favorite. It would have been one of the first things I changed on an FBI gun.

Grips aside, the real problem is that some agencies ordered their 1076 pistols with all the same features as the FBI guns, so the only definitive way of knowing if it is a former FBI pistol is by verifying it with a factory letter. On the positive side, if you invest the $50.00 in a factory letter and it proves to be a former FBI 1076, it's value will be substantially increased.

Last edited by XTrooper; 08-27-2009 at 07:06 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: