View Single Post

Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Liked 39 Times in 17 Posts

No pics of any of these, but...
My grandfathers S&W Aircrewman he carried in the front bib pocket of his overalls for as long as I knew him, and the 2 Remington shotguns we hunted rabbits with. He taught me most everything I know about guns, safety, shooting and the woods. I miss him dearly.

My dads Remington targetmaster 22 bolt rifle. I have fired thousands of rounds through that rifle and it still will out shoot most modern 22's.

And lastly, a 73 Winchester 38WCF made in 1913. I bought it from a little pawnshop near here years ago. I stumbled on it one day and talked to the elderly lady that owned the place about it for a long while and she made me a price. Over the next few months I stopped by several times to look at it and dream, it was priced MUCH higher than I could afford. I always hung around and chatted with her a bit before I left. Finally I stopped one day and we were talking and she asked how much cash I had on me right then....I thought for a moment and told her. She said that amount, minus 50 bux, was the price for the Winchester for that day only. I almost ripped my pants getting the money out. I asked why her price was suddenly half of what she had told me earlier. She explained that she was selling out and moving away soon and wanted the rifle to go to someone who would appreciate it and not just try to turn it for a quick buck, and that she enjoyed my visits because I was respectful and nice to her. I think about her now, almost 10 years later, whenever I pull her uncles old rifle out.