View Single Post

Old 09-05-2009, 04:17 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by badam0112 View Post
Laugh all you want. I was born and raised in Florida and the hotest place I have ever been is the West End Grand Canyon in NW Arizona. 114 degrees and I was sunburned within 1 hour. I'll take 95 degrees, bugs and 90% humidity any time. I was in a parking garage at midnight in Las Vegas one time when it was still 97 degrees. It felt like I was in a convection oven. Nice place to visit but I can't imagine living in that type of heat.
Different strokes my friend. But for the record I lived (poor choice of words), in Homestead for 15 months. I am first hand familiar with Florida's heat, humidity and bug population. I'll take the dry heat any day (the hottest I've seen in 3 +years is 104). We don't even get all that warm until late afternoon with our highs typically coming around 5. By then I am in the AC and/or pool with a frosty cold one in hand. Enjoy the remainder of the hurricane season, keep your gas tank at least half full and bail out bags packed. Not that I remember but I was born in Key West, the tales my folks do tell....(o;