View Single Post

Old 09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747pilot View Post
I am buying a Model 41. Does anyone know if they have any problem with any 22LR ammo. also would you get the 5.5" bbl or 7" I am using it for target shooting only and have arthretic hands. I have other 22 Semi autos and they will not fire some 22 ammo.
Starting a new topic would probably get a better response than posting in the middle of an ongoing photo thread.

There are some people in this forum who have more kowledge about the Model 41 in their pinky than I do in my entire body.
I would try to do a search here in the semi-auto forum and go through the threads at rimfire central's smith & wesson forum.

If you do a google search for s&w model 41 maintenance one of the results will have detailed instructions with photos.

Standard velocity ammunition is what I have seen recommended. I am very new to the Model 41, but CCI Standard Velocity seems to work well in the pistol.

I don't know if the 5.5" or 7" barrel would be better for arthritic hands. I like the 7" better so far. It's a little lighter & I seem to shoot better with it. I like the 5.5" look better & want to like it better.
The Following User Likes This Post: