View Single Post

Old 09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hot's hot, don't matter. Hottest it ever got here in Lake Havasu City, Az was 126 a few years ago, hottest we have seen it in the last three years of living here was 121.

Didn't seem like a bit over 112 either.

Don't own a black car, know how to drive with pot holdersin my hands, keep water bottles in the freezer to take with us when we go out, stuff like that.

Seriously, once you get over certain temps it's all the same, you just stay inside near the air conditioner or outside in the pool. Funny thing is that when you get out of the pool, it's so dry the water evaporates so fast and you get cold. Even in triple digit temps.

I don't own a lawnmower, don't own a snowblower or a snow shovel, don't know what a palmetto is, and put up with 3 months of high temperatures in return for 9 months of gorgeous temperate weather the rest of the year.

Oh, yeah, the taxes on my 2100 sq ft 3 Br/2 bath home are under $1,000 a year. And, I live 3 miles from a lake that I can boat, fish, jet ski, etc. on. And, virtually no crime.

The only people we are afraid of are Californians and New Yorkers with U-Haul trailers................ LOL.

Dan R