View Single Post

Old 09-06-2009, 05:28 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I fired today. A few comments.
It likes Fed Champions & Fed Ammo Match. Would not accept Rem Golden Bullets. They would not chamber completely. I had to push the slide in manually. The problem was constant not intermittent.
The synthetic magazine is so so. I do not like it. I have to get used to it. It certainly is not a precision piece. It would not index. I had to push with a bit of force for it to seat in the frame. It kept slipping out of the grip. I'll try a different magazine. Also I'll call Kimber to discuss.

The accuracy is there. It's as good as the shooter. I have not fired my 1911DK much.... After about 100+ I was hitting pretty good. But nowhere like the Model 41 hits. I need some practice with the DK. It did feel good shooting 22's out of a 1911.
This conversion is not 100% in the respect that you will have to find the proper ammo.
I really wanted something than would run smoothly from the get go. I'll fire a few hundred more rounds and make a decision if I'm going to keep it or not. My first impression is Borderline
We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by another41; 09-10-2009 at 08:43 AM.