View Single Post

Old 09-10-2009, 02:36 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi there!

My first post ever... I'm not too much of an internet guy, anyways.

However, sitting here (Germany), waiting for my own brandnew 945PC to be shipped...

About accuracy: I've only once ever shot a 945: Slide to frame fit had some lateral play, the rear end of the barrel rattled in the slide -- all this with the gun field stripped. Put back together, there was no play whatsoever, no matter how hard you pushed, twisted or wrestled with any part of it. I can only assume that the barrel is pushed into place by its lower lugs properly interacting with the frame. The barrel inside looked perfectly shiny to me.

Now, here's the funny part: I couldn't hit a barn from the inside with this particular gun... Don't know why.

Even funnier: I ordered a 945 anyways -- guess I love challenges! The fact that they are currently availlable for 990 Euro (approx. $ 1350) at The Duke - Original American Gunshop GmbH - Spezialist für amerikanische Waffen und Munition - Waffen- und Munitionshandel, Waffenhändler, Waffenhandel helped with the decision, too... ;-)

Now, in his great book "The Gun Digest Book of Smith & Wesson" Patrick Sweeney writes that the 945 performs best with BLack Hillls Red 185 JHP. He shot groups measuring under an inch at 15 yards over sandbags with that stuff!

What do we learn from this? Ammo seems to be the most important issue with this gun!

My Les Baer Premier II doesn't have any of these accuracy issues... Well I STILL love the 945. It was love at first sight... Can't wait to finally take delivery of that little beauty!!!

I'll keep you posted.