View Single Post

Old 09-12-2009, 05:22 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default S&W's reply

Hey, I got my reply today! Here's what they wrote - actually, that's all they wrote:

"Hi, the 945 is a very accurate handgun, I'm certain you will be completely satisfied with its accuracy and reliability."

End qoute.

B.t.w., I totally agree that there shouldn't be any major work necessary on a semi-custom gun like the 945. They should be good if not excelllent right out of the box. And I mean ALL of them should - not just some of of them, half of them, most of them... whatever.

Again, I consider myself fortunate for having found an excellent gunsmith right here in my hometown. I am now a regular customer with him because almost every gun I bought recently needed a major makeover. My S&W 686, for instance needed to have its barrel reset one turn of the thread because the cylinder/barrel gap was way too wide and so uneven that the emitted gasses threw the gun slightly to the left when fired. The forcing cone was pretty rough, too. the muzzle had to be re-crowned, as well. All this increased the gun's accuracy by approx. 150 percent!