Thread: S&W model 30-1
View Single Post

Old 09-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
You got a great deal. I have been looking for a model 30, or 31 but they are snagged up quick!! I also shoot 32 acp out of my 631. You can find 32 S&W long at the bigger gun shops (if they are not out) but forget about finding it in the big box stores.

Hello Peyton
I grew tired at finding Prime examples costing in the $450.00-$595.00 dollar range, so I Picked up this Cosmetically challenged Blued one for $100.00, That Locked up Tight and had a shinny Bore and sent it off to Ford's in Florida for a re-finish. After a Lengthy conversation, we decided to go with the High Polished chrome finish as they said it would wear the best for daily carry. The Grips are serial numbered to the gun, as you can see it was real Rough Looks wise before I sent it to them. I prepped it prior to sending it, and I will Not take on that chore again as I have Many, Many Hour's in sanding Out all The Rust & Pits. I have carried it more than two years now, and it shows Zero evidence of carry wear. I have $300.00 in it Now, and no regreats to buying one that had not been shot much, but did not get the best of care externally. Ford's also Re-Applied the factory S&W Logo on it. I found it an afordable way to get a Pre-30 and this one is from 1958 Not Model Marked. I felt the Market Prices of Pristeen ones were high and daily carry would have soon Turned them into a shooter grade revolver in no Time, as Blued finish's show carry wear very fast, and even nickel will wear in time so The Hard chrome finish idea has served me well. This changed my out look on daily carry weapons and should I ever need another one, I would Not hesitate to Buy one finish challenged for a Song and have Ford's so their magic to it. Regards, Hammerdown

"Before Re-finishing"

After Ford's Re-Finishing"

The Following 12 Users Like Post: