View Single Post

Old 09-17-2009, 12:21 PM
US Veteran

Liked 777 Times in 230 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittenwesson View Post
New to the forum, so if some of my questions are in other threads, my apologies.

Recent purchase: Pre-War .32 Regulation Police, 3-1/4 inch barrel, walnut stepped grip, 1917 patent date on bottom of grip,

1. SN is 3933XX. (Mid-late '20s, maybe the '30s?)
2. Would this one have rolled out before S&W began heat treating? Does it make any difference?
3. Would it be wise to "load five, skip one" and carry on an empty chamber, or can it be safely carried with six?
5. Ok to use modern standard 88 gr LRN short and 98 grain LRN long? Is there a WC in .32?
6. Have read/heard that the .32 round is very accurate, and supposedly, so are the I-frames in this caliber. ???????

The little revolver appeals. But, the more I get into it, something in the back of my mind says, "Caution, here. This one may be a bit too far on the vintage side."

Thank you. I look forward to learning more about this one.
I can only answer (4) 5 and 6, from information on this board and personal experience.

I have a 32 cal Hand Ejector, made from 1910-1917. I does fine with both shorts and longs. Yes they have WCs in longs, they are my favorite. Mine is very accurate.

That is the sum of my 'expertise'.

I would also like the answer to question three.