View Single Post

Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittenwesson View Post
Hammerdown: Thanks for your reply. Very helpful. You've got a jewel in that Chief Anderson .32. Nice piece of research,too.

Gunsmith gave my RP a close look Friday. He found no problems. His conclusion: "This is a good one. Solid, tight, clean. Shoot it. I would."

I'll stick to 88/98 gr. factory ammo.

Regards

Hello Smittenwesson
Believe it or not, No one wanted the revolver shown. It was at a Local Gun show and I was the Only one that showed any Interest in it. The owner of it had it marked at $450.00 for the Two day event. He asked me if I was Interested in at, and I said that I was but not at his Marked price on Saturday. I returned Sunday as he was Putting all his Guns away late in the day, and he handed me the box it came in and asked if I could use it at $210.00 ? I Paid him, and asked why his price had changed so drastically ?

Evidently he had spoke to my Buddy who had a table next to his, and was told how I Loved the .32 Round. He asked my Friend if I would fire this revolver ? My Buddy told him he would Guarantee I would fir and enjoy it, and the seller told my Friend it had set in his closet for well over 35 Years and it was time someone enjoyed it, so that is why he dropped his price. I came home and got a hold of The Evansville, Indiana Police department and asked what they could tell me about Chief Anderson ? Follow the Link below to see what I learned about it's original owner. You never know what will turn up when you Buy these old S&W revolver's and to date this one had the Most bang for it's Buck and I am Glad I found it... Hammerdown.

Finding "Old Harry's Side Arm" a 1925 Regulation Pol. Revolver with a Ton of History