View Single Post

Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 PM

Liked 45 Times in 13 Posts

jmac45:

I got your message. You need to post some pictures of your gun. Seeing the gun and its condition is very important. Serial numbers don't always help without pictures in certain cases becaude some models use the same serial numbers while others are a continuation from the previous model. The other reason for posting pictures is to verify if this is indeed a Smith & Wesson revolver. There are Spanish copies out there that look just like the real ones.

We will need to clarify those numbers you gave me. The serial numbers on a S&W revolver of this type will be found under the barrel on the machined flat surface, on the face of the cylinder, and on the butt of the gun. If your gun has extension grips they will have to be removed to see the numbers. All these three mentioned numbers should match. There will be a second set of matching numbers that will be completely different from the serial numbers. They will be found on the inside of the crane arm just below the barrel in front of the cylinder. Those are assembly numbers and don't mean anything. They are not serial numbers.

It sounds like the 69613 number is the assembly number and the 17255 number is the serial number. Check your gun and see if I am right based on what I said above. Post some pictures and a message I will get back with you.

jsmith