View Single Post

Old 09-22-2009, 09:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Angry

It just keeps getting better and better....After more than 2 months of screwing around with my truck I fired the local garage/mechanics and broke down and took it to the Ford dealer. The dealer guys rolled their eyes and uttered a few less than kind comments about the locals inability to diagnose, let alone fix the problem.

I left the truck at the dealership and two days later they called. Your (after market), car alarm is the source of the draw. Now it was installed on the truck when I bought it new, so how it was "after market" escapes me but I digress... I asked "did you thoroughly check for any other sources of the draw or just stop when you found the alarm system problem? They assured me the alarm was the only problem. I had them disconnect the alarm system, everyone ignores them anyway, and I drove off, minus $131 diagnostic fee. Five days later the same problem returned only this time the battery was completely dead and it could not be started by popping the clutch.

Back to the dealer where my truck remains after 14 days. They called me last week and said they had invested more than ten hours of troubleshooting and that the draw was caused by the ABS computer module ($900), and that replacement would solve all of my problems. I authorized the work and waited 6 days for the part to arrive. They called today and said they had completed the install but I still had a 4 volt draw and they would continue to work on it. I am about ready to have them put the old module back in and drive it to another dealer and try again.

Arrrrg! Eleven trouble free years and now this nonsense! Anybody got any clue what the hell is wrong with this truck and why no one can find it???