View Single Post

Old 09-24-2009, 07:35 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 285 Posts

They are inherently just as accurate as a hog leg with a 10" tube . . . it is just much harder to make sure the sights are perfectly aligned with each other before setting off a round.

Also, the rounds will "rainbow" to a greater extent downrange so it takes some notes and "head knowledge" to know how much to "hold over" at the various distances.

Here's my M36 snubbie, shot standing/unsupported at ten yards . . . into a 1" black square target. Not only did it group roughly an inch at ten yards, it also shot perfectly at Point Of Aim at that distance too:

Same gun and round, shot standing/unsupported at 25 yards the same day, at a 2 1/2" black square target. Same group size ratio when you multiply it by the 2 1/2 times distance too! BTW, I was aiming at the TOP square . . . and the bullet drop rainbow made the rounds hit in the lower target!

From the bench the groups would have been even tighter, of course.

And the gun on top of the 10 yard target. This was the very first day I took this new (to me) revolver to the range too.

When I contrast that ten yard 1" targets with these 1" targets shot the same way with a 5" barrel Para Ordinance P14.45 Limited in .45 Auto, the groups are about the same size from the center of the bullets.

The MAIN difference is being able to shoot the guns FAST with the sights. It takes much more time and concentration to get the sights perfect on the J-frame snubbies.

T.