View Single Post

Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 AM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithhound View Post
also lead round ball moulds. I've never owned a BP gun,

I've even got a custom mold for 1" round balls!! Did you know that a 1" round ball weighs 4 oz? Its a quarter pounder! Just like at McDonalds. But unlike you.....I have a cannon that will shoot it! Its called the heavy artillery here at the house.

I guess the weather is bad where you live. I only do my inventory when its too miserable outside to do something else. And I have exactly the same results. I stumble on things I didn't know I had, have no idea where or when I acquired them, or what I will ever do with them. And the opposite occurs just as often. I know I bought something but can't find it. No matter how hard I look, its just gone.

The organizers they sell are just worthless. Their made for paper or women's shoes. 40# of lead just deforms things and breaks its way to the floor. Except ammo cans. Those stack and hold up to almost anything.

When the ammo shortage went full out, I started inventory. That was back in the dead of winter. Its funny how we get things in our mind, like we're suffering from a severe shortage of 175gr 7mm or 180gr .308 bullets. I guess at one time in the past that was the case. So I just began picking up a box whenever I saw them. I guess I need to scale that back a bit.... I have way too many.

Anyone know when Barnes went from 100 down to 50 bullets per box?