View Single Post

Old 09-26-2009, 06:28 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,270 Times in 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ect1222t View Post
Aside from the fact that I don't know how to put pictures on the computer, I have been unable to find film for my camera. I called Kodak and they actually told me that they had discontinued making 110 film . . .
Hi,

THE BAD NEWS . . . they quit making 110 film

THE GOOD NEWS . . . they quit making film!

Let me s'plain . . .

Like shooting guns, where ultimately the most money is spent on the ammo you run through 'em, with film cameras the cameras were give-away cheap but we spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on film and processing costs to get photos.

ENTER THE DIGITAL CAMERAS . . .

Today? Zero costs buying film. You can get a pretty decent Canon Powershot point and shoot digital camera today for about $150 or less.

In your digital camera box comes a cable that plugs into your camera and computer and your computer's built in photo program will allow you to automatically download the photos you take into a file on your computer with a minimum of fuss.

VIEWING . . .
You can then view all your photos on your full-size computer screen in stunning detail. If you want print copies, you can get them made still too . . . without paying for the 'bad' shots.

BETTER PHOTOGRAPHY TOO . . . MUCH BETTER!
Today's digital cameras allow you to use 'automatic' settings that do all the thinking of a professional photographer for you.

- The camera automatically focuses for you (your 110 camera probably didn't even adjust for focus.

- The camera automatically sets shutter speeds and apertures so you can get incredible photos.

- The camera has automatic flash that measures the distance to the subject and sets the flash brightness to give you a perfect exposure on your subject!

Bottom line . . . crisp, detailed photos that can be enlarged to 8 x 10 size that look radically better than a 110 could do!

Here's a photo I took using my Canon Powershot:

And a close up of cornet and trumpet mouthpieces . . . to show you how a digital camera will even focus sharply 6" away from a small object . . .

OTHER DIGITAL CAMERA BENEFITS TOO HUGE TO IGNORE . . .

1. You can post photos of your guns and other stuff on forums, or to sell items here and on ebay, whatever . . . and digital photos are a must to get maximum sale amounts.

2. You can email your family and friends all over the world photos.

3. You can join a site like Facebook and reconnect with friends (warning . . . it is so much fun and addictive, once I tried it) and you can post your photos there will virtually NO technical fuss at all. Their photo program does it for you!

Hope this helps!

Don't be afraid to take the plunge . . . ultimately using one is also easier IMHO than loading a pack of 110 film!

Tom