View Single Post

Old 09-27-2009, 06:56 PM

Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts

I have run well over 100 Federal HS through my LCP without a hiccup, (and good thing because I did have to use the gun on a bobcat in the yard with my mouser cat) which was relieving since I have heard that 3ATPs have had trouble with the bullet. Come to think of it, my LCP has never had a hiccup of any kind with about 500 rounds through her. I would never carry a round that I have not sufficiently tested.

I agree with your SWAG that an FMJ would deflect and keep going more due to higher velocity at point of impact rather than stop as an JHP might when encountering a harder surface in body. The question that I have is which is better??? I think I might rather have the bullet stop than deflect (possibly hitting an innocent bystander worst case scenario) IMHO. That is why we have mags that hold multiple bullets right?? Well I guess I am in the market for a lightweight primary carry gun in 9mm (more likely) or 45 ACP. Any suggestions? Other than my 4506 which weighs a ton, especially when compared to Elsie Pea.

P.S. I am not setup to reload 380 at this time, and I have not seen Speer GoldDots in 380 since owning my Elise.... about a year now. If I ever come across any, I will snatch up as many as possible.

Last edited by ajpelz; 09-27-2009 at 06:59 PM.