View Single Post

Old 09-28-2009, 03:45 PM

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,312 Posts

I can tell you what I think of Uberti after the 5 month ordeal of what I had with my Dragoon. I purchased it brand new, and then the gun would not, and I mean would not come apart. The barrel wedge would come out, but you could not separate the barrel from the frame to clean the gun. So, I sent the gun back to Uberty, 5 months went by, when I got the gun back, the paperwork stated that "the owner needs to read the manual per method of disassembly". They touched nothing. I called them, I was told over the phone how to take the gun apart, and then told by the tech to use the rammer until the gun comes apart, or the rammer breaks in which case they would replace that. So I told the guy I was not about to break my own gun, and I sent it back. A month or so later, the gun came back, nothing was done, again a note saying "suggest owner reads manual per disassembly". No matter how many times I told the people at uberti the issues, and the fact that I had been owning and shooting black powder revolvers since I was 18, it didn't matter. So I turned the gun over to my local Smith, who told me after he worked on it that the pins where the frame met the barrel were too big, and the barrel wedge was also slightly oversized. But after Uberti not once, but twice, couldn't fix their own gun, and then essentially told me that I didn't know what I was doing, I wasn't about to keep their gun. As far as Pietta guns, I have had several, never a problem with any of those. In all fairness though, my Uberti Walker never gave me any trouble. But I have found that I like Pietta revolvers and Pedersoli or Zoli rifles.