Thread: FBI 1076
View Single Post

Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,897 Times in 391 Posts
Default Fbi 1076

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoontz View Post
Just picked up another 1076 from a gentleman from Idaho Falls. He had it posted on a local news website's classifieds. It had been on there for a few days before I noticed it. I am surprised no one snatched it up. I called him to ask what the serial number was and he told me TEU03XX. I got a little excited because I have yet to see this prefix not come back as an FBI model. So anyway, picked it up today for $550. It's in good shape, but doesn't have the original grips. I am okay with that. Anyway, I will send in the letter and see what I got. I will keep anyone who cares posted. Pics below, and no the number is not 03, I have just blurred out the whole serial number.

Also, the only difference in the guns is the small mark on the front of the trigger guard, it looks like a "T." It is not present on my non-FBI model which is the top of the pair. Thought that was interesting.
You definately may have found the real deal as this FBI documented example also has the small T on the trigger guard and it is in the same serial number range as yours. I'd get a letter on that one for sure.
Chuck