Thread: New 3913 TSW?
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Liked 6,591 Times in 2,191 Posts

Call the designated S&W LE distributor for your area and ask. You could also call S&W and ask to speak to someone about LE sales for an individual (retired) purchase. The distributor will generally set their own price for individual officer sales.

S&W discontinued production of a number of their models for commercial sales which are still available for LE/Gov order and sales, including the TSW series. (Although there might be some NIB models sitting around on some dealer's shelf somewhere.)

I've been told that they generally make some small number of additional guns whenever they make a production run for an order. If what you want is sitting in their vault from a normal overrun, and isn't spoken for, they might release it to one of their LE distributors for an individual sale.

I was told of an individual cop who was able to buy a new production 5906 (not the 5906TSW, but just a regular 5906) through a distributor which had been 'surplus' from a production run when S&W had made some of the older model guns for one of their existing agency customers.

I've had it in the back of my mind to pick up a newer 3913TSW to supplement my late-production 3913. While I'm not interested in having an accessory rail on a compact pistol, having the larger box-type frame rails (instead of the smaller step-type frame rails), the slightly delayed unlocking and the loaded chamber inspection port in the barrel tab are features I'd like to have which my standard 3913 doesn't possess.

Also, there have been some continual refinements in how the manufacturing of the parts has been done since the original models were being produced, but nothing that would probably stand out unless you knew where to look.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 10-05-2009 at 01:03 PM.