View Single Post

Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM
US Veteran

Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Exclamation

Would be better to see pics of your jeep. But 5 to 6 K is not out of the question I also have an 84 CJ seven. 5 Speed that I have restored more for trail ridding. Lockers fuel inj Super Swamper,s chrome Molly axles front and rear soft to etc.............Other than the fact that i am running on small 33 12.50 tires and only 4 inch lift it is very trail Worthy. I paid 3k for mine in 2001 in good cond minor rust. i now have over 13K in it.
I see them around for sale in the 5 to 6 K range in the shape you are describing. An 83 stock would be the 2.4 ltr or 258 in line six wide track. Dana 300 transfer case and either a four or five speed. Could be a 4 cyl I guess. It will depend on where you live also. Friend of mine has been looking and can't find one for less than 7K he is looking for an 81 to 85 model. he is looking for one in good cond which is getting harder to find. I turned down 10K for mine when I had just finished the resto. before I hit the trails and scratched up the new paint job. Are you sure you want to sell it. You will regret it and be one of those guys I hear saying "I used to have one of those wish I had never sold it".

Glad I could be of no help in this matter