View Single Post

Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 PM

Liked 127 Times in 64 Posts

No Boil Lasagna

9 Uncooked lasagna noodles (I use more noodles than this because of the size of my baking dish, so adjust your amount accordingly.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb hot pork sausage
3 cups pasta sauce (I use one jar of Ragu or Prego, whichever flavor suits you)
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 3/4 cups water
2 cups ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
2 - 4 cups shredded mozzarella (I use about 4 cups cause I'm a cheese freak, adjust to your preference)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In large skillet, cook meat until pink is gone. Drain, add sauce, oregano, basil and water and bring to a boil. Set aside.

2. In a bowl, mix together ricotta, half of the mozzarella (I use 2 cups here), parmesan, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.

3. Spread about 1 1/2 cups sauce over the bottom of 13X9X2" baking dish. Arrange 3 uncooked lasagna noodles lengthwise over sauce. Spread one-half of the cheese filling over lasagna, then another cup or two of sauce, then sprinkle mozzarella over the sauce. Repeat layers of lasagna, cheese filling, sauce and mozzarella. Place last 3 pieces of lasagna and remaining sauce.

4. Cover tightly with foil Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle on enough mozzarella to cover the top layer. Bake an additional 15 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: