View Single Post

Old 10-18-2009, 03:00 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I'm a bit confused. First you said that you traded for it and then you say you paid $350.00 for it. (a while back I paid $350.00 for a NIB 19-3 6" with all the bells and whistles from a local sporting goods chain). If you did trade for it, what was traded? did you get a fair deal or were you taken advantage of? While you may get several different values for the gun, without photos it would only be a "ballpark" figure. Most collectors want NIB (new in the box) or like new 98-99% condition). Unless you come across someone who is specifically into collecting these, It is only worth what someone is willing to pay, not what you want to get out of it. It is an obsolete gun in an equally obsolete caliber. If by some miracle you could find ammo for it and decide to shoot it, for heavens sake have it checked out first by a gunsmith. You don't want any gun blowing up in your face. I personally have a 2" nickel .38S&W that is only good for a paperweight, but I keep it because it belonged to my grandfather. But I don't actually use it for a paperweight. I'd like to put it in a case on the wall in his memory. -Ed.

Last edited by ect1222t; 10-18-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Addition