View Single Post

Old 10-21-2009, 01:36 AM

Liked 1,195 Times in 457 Posts

I have an S&W Model 631 ("J" frame, 4" barrel, stainless steel chambered in .32 H&R Magnum). These are not easy to find as they only made one run of them. They are small, easily carried and make a near perfect "belt gun" for use with a shotgun when bird hunting or to carry when hiking. They shoot really well but require a bit more effort as they are so small and light.

I have an S&W 16-4 (6" barrel) and these are the "Creme de la creme" of .32 H&R magnums. These are blued. They have the full underlug barrel ( as illustrated above) excellent triggers, enough weight and size to enable you to shoot really well but are a bit large for carry. They fit large hands well and there are any number of good grips available (I prefer Pachmayr grips for field use).

I have a Ruger SP101 (stainless steel, very strong pocket gun with a 4" barrel). The Ruger has a lot going for it (but is out of production). However, it will need a trigger job, has a small grip, and the rear sight is only adjustable for windage. Mine would not allow me to zero it with the sights as furnished.

The caliber is an excellent one for target and edible small game shooting. I cast my own bullets for mine and have shot them a LOT.

Dale53

Last edited by Dale53; 06-13-2017 at 07:39 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: