View Single Post

Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 585 Times in 175 Posts

10-23-09
Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation Update

The first phase of records, from 1935 to 1941 is nearing completion. Hopefully, in early 2010 we will be able to offer Historical Letters. Details are still being worked out and we will let everyone know as soon as we have all the details worked out.

I’m excited to announce a new member of our Board of Directors. Dave Ballantyne (merlindrb) has graciously agreed to serve, effective immediately on the Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation Board. Dave is one of the first Benefactor members of the SWHF. He also is a Life Member of the Smith & Wesson Collector’s Association and a Benefactor member of the NRA. He is a well respected collector with his primary interests in Smith & Wesson pre-war magnums and K-32 revolvers.

I would also like to thank everyone for their memorial donations for my husband, Ray A. Cheely. The Foundation was enhanced by over $10,000 in his memory. This is what he would have wanted—the preservation of the historical records was extremely important to him.

Stay tuned for more updates!

If you would like information on becoming a member of the Foundation it can be found under the S&W Hand Ejectors: 1896 to 1961 tab or email me at [email protected], and I will be happy to send you a brochure.

Thanks!

Sheryl Cheely
SWCA Life Member #1185
SWHF Benefactor
NRA Benefactor