View Single Post

Old 10-24-2009, 12:41 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratticus View Post
Hey all, I'm a newbie and I just picked up my MP 15-22 a week ago. I'm a bit worried that I've run into the same jamming problems that I've been reading about. I haven't been having jams with the spent casings though, my jams have been happening where the next round will feed pointed straight up and the casing will be stuck in the mag. The round gets bent and looks pretty dangerous. This has only happened a few times out of 250 shots so far. I cleared the jam, tossed the bad round and got through 20 or so more shots before it happened again. I'm using a box of 500 federal ammo.

I cleaned and examined everything and nothing is broken that I can tell. We will see how the next 250 shots go tomorrow at the range. I'll have to take a picture if another round gets caught in the mag, hopefully it won't happen again. If I do have more problems, I'm glad S&W has been taking care of their customers! I'm happy with my purchase so far, had great fun with the 245~ rounds that shot just fine.
What I have noticed is that the magazine lips are a bit snug and do not always allow the bullet to fully lift into position for feeding. As I continued to use the magazine, the problem faded away as long as I used Federal Vaule Pack. Remington Golden Bullet still hang without fully lifting up. Or least they used to... I didn't bother to try Rem Gold the last two trips to the range. Since the rifle seems to like Federal, I quit experimenting.

If the magazine problem did not go away, I was going to take off some material from the magazine lips with a Dremmel and polishing bit. I may still do so if I get bored this weekend.