View Single Post

Old 10-24-2009, 03:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking So I am a MP 15-22 owner.

So this morning I took a trip to Gander Mountain in the hopes of finding a MP 15-22. Well luck shined on me and they had at least one left. While I was there I noticed on the rack they had a bunch of AR-15 style .22LR's. After the MP 15-22 they had what looked like some real AR-15's converted over to fire .22LR. The cheapest I believe was $630. I got to hold the MP 15-22 for the first time, I was impressed how realistic this gun is in comparison to the .223 AR-15, it even had some decent weight to it.

I ended up buying it. They did a background check right their in the store while I waited. I filled out the paperwork, the lady explained the basic operation of the weapon, she help me find the ammo/cleaning kit/carrying case/ear muffs/safety glasses. The MP 15-22 costed me $499+ tax which came out to about $530. With all the accessories/ammo the grand total came out to $710. My father paid for all the accessories, and I had about $200 in birthday money so in the end I only paid $330. By Christmas time I will have re-coped all the money spent today.

So I got it home and starting reading the instructions, I read through all the basic safety instructions. Then I handled the gun. Adjusted the stock, checked the sights, etc. I wanted to see how the trigger felt so after check the chamber for rounds (Even though I didn't load the rifle) I set the safety to fire and pulled the trigger. I did this 3-4 times. Now I am smacking myself on the head for doing this because when I read deeper into the instruction booklet they recommended that the weapon should never be dry fired.

After this I continued to read deeper into the instructions, I wanted to load the magazine and give the rifle a cleaning. I believe I loaded the magazine correctly but I will upload some pictures later so you guys can have a look. The last thing I did was the cleaning. I took out the extractor and charging handle. Then via the bore I swept the barrel with the hard bristle brush, and I got a puff of dirt out of the rifle. I proceeded to clean the barrel with the solvent. I gave it two sweeps through the barrel with two different swabs. After that I cleaned the extractor with the solvent. I dried all the components afterwards. Before putting everything back together I lubricated all the internal metal components with the lubricant. Then I stored the rifle.

Hopefully in a few days I will be able to take this rifle to the range and fire it. I am hoping I can get a day off from work because I know someone who is a bit of a firearm expert and he well be free during one of the week days to instruct me. Hopefully the gun functions properly, and I loaded/cleaned the gun properly.

Thats about it, when I get a chance I will try and upload some pictures. Thanks for all the advice you guys have shared with me so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
Those new Camaro's are sweet. Saving for an SS?

Here is what I would like to have

YouTube - Black Dog 50Rd Drum Dump
Yeah thats my current obsession, saving for that car. Now that AR-15 is sweet, but it looks expensive to operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
Ammo was ok. Just wasn't ejecting as it was supposed to do. The empty casings were getting jammed up in the bolt. I think one of the casings hit the extractor and broke it or knocked it out of the bolt.
I didn't think the casings were hard enough to break the extractor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxShooter2k9 View Post
awesome, the Rally Yellow with the black stripes is my favorite on the new Camaros!!!
Its a really eye catching color isn't it?