View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
I have experienced the same issue in the past with my 15-22. As I have shot the gun more, I am more careful of how I load the rounds in the magazine. Load one at a time, and tap the butt end of the magazine on the heel of my other hand, my knee, or the shooting bench at the range. Anything to make sure the rounds are all stacked in the mag correctly. Following this procedure, the last time I was at the range I ran 300 rounds of Federal Bulk with not one problem.
Jam.jpg
Well, after my range fun today I ran through about 300 more rounds and towards the last 50 or so I had that nasty jam again and had to pry the casing out of the magazine. Check out this pic. It's hard to tell but the round is a little bent.

I had two problems this trip, the other was just a simple failure to feed, which was quick and easy to clear. I'm thinking that my problem is just like what you said, a problem with the magazine. I did give each load a good bump on the bench to get all the rounds lined up and ready. I think that helped reduce the number of problems down to only the two.

Think I should get in contact with customer support? Is it dangerous to have a round catch like that?