View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 04:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
You mentioned the Ruger. The Ruger is an excellent firearm and has been around for many years. You'll likely never regret owning the Ruger.

In my opinion, the S&W is an excellent toy for accessory rail gadget-heads like myself who like to run thru a few hundred rounds in an afternoon at the range. As a toy, the various issues from magazine problems to feed ramps cracking off of the barrell can be viewed as simple annoyances that S&W will remedy. As a weapon... forget about it. A weapon must go bang everytime.

I paid 439 for the S&W. I have not had so many 'annoyances' as others have suffered, but I would not be surprised if I do as time and rounds go by-- about 1500 so far.

So yes, I would say that the S&W is a good buy for what I use it for.... pound for pound and round for round, it's the most fun I have had with a firearm (uh... I meant toy)
Well I have nothing against the Ruger, when I was planning on getting my first rifle I originally wanted the Ruger 10/22. However in my mind the Ruger SR-22 (While probably a good firearm) isn't worth $625. From what I heard the SR-22 is just a Ruger 10/22 with some of the looks of an AR-15. In short it doesn't mirror the AR-15's controls as well as the MP 15-22, and it doesn't even come with standard iron sights or the 25 round magazine for the additional $125. Would I buy Ruger products? Sure I would. Would I buy the SR-22? No, not with better weapons like the M&P 15.

I think you're going a little far by say the M&P 15-22 is a toy. Having held the 15-22 and a real AR-15 this thing simulates the real thing well. The failures of some of the 15-22's are regrettable, but after seeing the lengths S&W went to fix the problem I am sure in time these issues will be resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
It is not the bolt that breaks. It is the extractor on the end of the bolt that breaks.
Oh my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I duknow... but that's a good question for S&W.

I asked it last week:

Q: "I am reading on S&W Forums about the feed ramp on this rifle actually breaking off. What can you tell me about this issue?"

A: "it has not been an issue at this point
i recommend you send it in for exam
call for shipping info 800-331-0852 ext 2905"

The above A: was from Mark Rossini at S&W.
Interesting, you would think by this point they would have more information on the topic.

Last edited by LifeInPa; 10-25-2009 at 05:02 PM.