View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 PM

Liked 621 Times in 142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opoefc View Post
Twaits, You have a rare edition of the Merwin & Hulbert Automatic Ejecting revolver. Get yourself a copy of "The Story of Merwin & Hulbert Firearms" by my old friend, the late Art Phelps, and read up on them. You have two features seldon seen, the "Skull Cracker " protrusion on the butt and the second side panel screw. Both are very rare, in fact the book shows a picture of a Merwin with the 2nd screw and says " Only one known !". I think there are more, but the are seldom encountered. The 2nd barrel was often added to Merwin purchases, but seldom are both numbered the same, which would prove they came together as a set when new. The Game scene could be factory, and at least dealer added, and could possibly be etched rather than engraved. Value, as is, is well into 4 figures. Ed #15
Ed, I've been looking at several MHs on Gunbroker that are similar to my Dads. They all have three sideplate screws. Do you think what Art means in his book that they are more rare with "the second side panel screw"
meaning it ONLY has two screws and not three?