View Single Post

Old 10-31-2009, 04:37 AM

Liked 90 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
Andre-

Merci beaucoup! Do the police there still use some Rugers? There is a photo of a French policewoman on the Net, with an SP-101 in her holster. Is it authentic? That is, do they use Rugers and Manurhins still? I know that Trautsch (a French company) makes grips for the SP-101.

If I understood you correctly, the police in cities now use only .38 Specials, the .357 having been authorized for four years, but not now? So, ex-police .357's are on the market there?

I definitely read that Beretta 92G's were being made at St. Etienne. Are these for Army use?

I'm guessing that GIGN uses whatever it wants?
What about the black-uniformed CRS riot police?

Do gendarmes often still carry the MAT-49 submachine gun?

We don't read much about French guns here. A pity that Americans aren't more interested in other cultures. Most of what I know about France involves wines. I do know French wines quite well.

I have greatly enjoyed the film, "Day of the Jackal" (and the excellent book) , but the guns in it are dated, the movie being set in DeGaulle's time. One soldier executing a terrorist leader had the old M-92 8mm revolver!

My brother visited France some years ago and brought me a French gun magazine. Very interesting.

Thanks,

T-Star
TEXAS STAR
in city we find the the 3 corps
municipal police under the mayor autority
gendarmerie and national police under the governement
sp101 was for women in civilian of the national police
before the sig pistol you can find or manurhin 73 or manurhin 88
a ruger security 6 frame with a marurhin barrel and a frame stud
army seem also go to sig pistol
mat 49 is out they have H.K.
during the 80's C.R.S have the ruger mini 14 but now i don't know
the rifle serve above in riot control before they have old mousqueton
berthier 1916 ,C.R.S are unities of the national police
gendarmerie have the same in "gendarmerie mobile" but like they are military ,we find sqadron of armour vehicules ,parachutist compagnies
and they wear army regular firearms .
gendarmerie also can open fire more easily than police.
GIGN and the police similar force RAID use weapons other than regulars
beretta was made under licence at SAINT-ETIENNE i think that is the same for the SIG
yes there is a lot of 357 mag in sold during the lasts years
many 32 acp pp or ppk
now it's seem that the municipal police wear all the 38 4 " with fix sights and a laynard ring
have a nice day

ANDRE
The Following User Likes This Post: